The Florida Department of Transportation offered a progress update presentation to the Village Council during the Council Meeting on January 12th. You can view the FDOT presentation or listen to it via our Youtube Live Stream. FDOT has scheduled two Open Houses: February 28, 2023 and March 1, 2023. Stay tuned for locations.
Jupiter US1 Bridge Replacement Project Video
The 4.1 mile US 1 Bridge Replacement Project will replace the existing bridge over the Loxahatchee River and Intracoastal Waterway in the Town of Jupiter from CR A1A to CR 707/Beach Road. The replacement bridge will consist of two 11-foot travel lanes, 7-foot bicycle lanes and 8-foot sidewalks in each direction. The new bridge will have up to 42 feet of vertical clearance, and the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125 feet. An intelligent transportation system will be installed to improve traffic flow. Permanent intersection improvements will occur at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway. In addition, there will be minor repairs to the Alternate A1A bridge over the Loxahatchee River. Construction began on October 18, 2021.
- Constructing the main bascule piers.
- Resurfacing the intersection at Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway.
- Resurfacing and reducing lane widths at US 1 and Alternate A1A/Beach Road.
- Installing Intelligent Transportation System infrastructure.
- Relocating utilities.
- One lane in either direction on US 1 between Jupiter Cove Drive and CR A1A/Ocean Drive may be closed intermittently between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Lane closures may occur during the day 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and overnight from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday through Saturday on US 1, Indiantown Road, Alternate A1A and Old Dixie Highway.
- The newly constructed left-turn lane from northbound US 1 to westbound Indiantown Road is closed continuously through March 13.
- The newly constructed right-turn lane from westbound Indiantown Road to northbound Alternate A1A is closed continuously through March 13.
- Anticipated Completion: 2026
- Estimated Construction Cost: $122 Million
- Bridge Closure Start: March 2023